Becoming A Mum

11:25 Unknown 2 Comments


On the 20th of April at 4:11am, I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl. It was one of the most amazing and overwhelming days of my life. As Lily is nearly four months old, I thought I would write about my experience of becoming a mum.


Becoming a mum is one of the most amazing, overwhelming and scariest experiences ever. I think if I had to choose only one word, I would choose overwhelming. From the moment they put Lily into my arms I felt so many different emotions; happiness, love, relief that the pain was gone and also fear. This little baby was mine, which meant it was up to me (and of course my partner) to take care of her every need. This little baby was relying on us to care of her, quite a scary and surreal feeling if I'm being honest. What if I stuffed up, what if I couldn't stop her crying, how will I know what she wants? and would I be a good mother?.  All these thoughts were going through my head, and I knew they were completely normal thoughts, but it was still scary. All I knew was that I loved this baby, and that I wanted to be the best mum I could possibly be.

Lily is now four months old. Which seems absolutely crazy. Where the time has gone? It feels like I only held her in my arms for the very first time yesterday, but at the same time, it feels like she's been in my life forever. I couldn't possibly imagine my life without her. Watching her grow, learn and explore the world is one of the best experiences. Of course she isn't the only one learning, i am learning every day too. I have learnt so much about Lily and  motherhood has taught me so much. Every time she smiles or giggles, my heart just melts. When I think I can't possibly love her anymore, she will look up at me and do something that just completely feels my heart with joy. 

Brad is an amazing dad, watching him with Lily just melts my heart. He is completely smitten with her and is absolutely loving the fatherhood thing. Brad is very involved in her life, helping out with everything, even the dirty work. He especially loves playing with her and getting lots of giggles from her. I couldn't ask for anything more and I really appreciate him for everything he does.


Becoming a mother has been an amazing experience and despite the tough times, I wouldn't trade it for the world.




If you have any questions, please comment below. I am more than happy to answer them.

-xx 





You Might Also Like

2 comments:

  1. i'm so happy for you! i think kids are a long way off for me but the thought is definitely scary!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Yeah it is kind of terrifying having a little human depend on you. But we're doing well :)
      -xx

      Delete

Powered by Blogger.